Neighborhood Block Party
Brambleton Neighborhood Block Party
In Celebration of National Play Music on Your Porch Day
Saturday, August 26, 2023
How It Works
Designate a captain/co-captain to organize and manage your block party.
- The captains can choose a suggested park listed below or designate another area as your block party location. Please keep in mind that not all streets/areas can be closed off or used.
- ROAD CLOSURES - You cannot block any VDOT road without a permit, and BCA will need to review all roads you want to block.
- Email email@example.com with your location and captain names.
- The captains will be in charge of communicating to everyone in their block, making decisions on what to bring to the party, and also keeping BCA informed of basic details.
- Go outside and play music! Invite friends to play along, play alone, or hire someone (share the cost with your block).
- Are you a musician? If so, set up your band at the block party.
Invite All of Your Neighbors
- Make a flyer and hand out door-to-door or place in mailboxes.
Prepare a SignUpGenius Form
- The captains will create a signup webpage and email that link to firstname.lastname@example.org. We suggest using signupgenius.com.
- BCA will add your party location and signup page link under the list of Participating Block Parties. Please note your choice of music/musician(s).
- Captains are encouraged to share the signup link with neighbors directly and help spread the word about their parties.
Share Your Info With Us
- Share where your block party is located.
- Send us your signup link so we can post it on the event website for other neighbors around you.
- Let us know what type of music you’re providing.
- All roads must have at least 10’ of open space for emergency vehicles to enter.
- All parties must be open to all residents. The idea is for residents who don’t know anyone to have the opportunity to meet new people.
- You are welcome to attend any party, but we suggest going to the one in your neighborhood.
- You will be responsible for setup and cleanup of your party.
- VDOT road closures must have a permit issued through VDOT.
- BCA road use/closure must be approved by BCA.
Questions? Call the BCA Events Team at 703-542-6263 or email us at email@example.com.
Play Music on the Porch Day
What if for one day everything stopped, and we all just listened to music!
To participate, just go outside and play music! Invite friends to play along, play alone, or hire someone.
“Music goes beyond words. It can transcend the most difficult barriers. It ties us together like a thread through our hearts. Our skin is many colors but music is in our blood, our bones and our soul.”
Brambleton Community Association (BCA), its developers, officers, directors, management personnel, employees and volunteers, regularly photograph and videotape events and activities throughout the community and at community amenities and facilities. BCA may use such photographs, videotape or recordings (materials) in any publication, website, program, presentation or other media, now or in the future, for the purpose of community affairs, education, public relations, marketing of Brambleton subdivision (including on-line and social media marketing), community association communications, or other stories, presentations or articles that will be read, seen and/or heard by the Association’s membership and/or by the general public.