October 30, 2020
Step, Shred & Shed - Join BCA and the Step Sisters for our Step, Shred & Shed event this Sunday, November 1 from 1 to 4 PM at the Community Center! Shred documents, recycle electronics, and make charitable donations all in one stop. This event is free for all Brambleton residents (Bram Life Pass required) or $20 for non-residents. Click here to register, and visit our website for more information.
- Make a monetary donation to the Step Sisters at this event and receive a thank-you gift from Thrive Causemetics.
Save the Date for BCA’s Virtual Annual Meeting - The 2020 BCA Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, November 17 at 7 PM through Zoom Webinar and be broadcast live on YouTube for the safety and health of all members, residents, and staff.
- The purpose of this meeting is to share Association and community information and provide an opportunity for the BCA Board of Directors and staff to address residents' questions of the Association.
- There are no open seats on the BCA Board or a scheduled election at this meeting.
- A meeting notice has been mailed to all Brambleton homeowners and should be received in early November.
- More details, including a Zoom registration link, can be found on our website at www.brambletonhoa.com/annualmeeting.
Daylight Saving Time - Clocks fall back an hour at 2 AM on Sunday, November 1, marking the end of daylight saving time, which means it will get dark an hour earlier. Remember to set your clocks back one hour before going to bed on Halloween night (10/31).
Safe Sitter November Class - The next Safe Sitter class will take place on Saturday, November 7 from 9 AM to 2:30 PM at the Community Center. Click here for a full schedule and more information. Courses are sponsored by Beat4LifeCPR and open to Brambleton residents only. Classes are limited to 10 people, and social distancing measures will be put in place. RSVP at email@example.com.COMMUNITY STANDARDSDesign Review -
Overtime Athletics - Registration is now open for Overtime Athletics’ Winter/Spring Distance Learning Support program. This session will start on Monday, January 4 and run until Tuesday, June 15. Come as many days per week as you want; full-day and half-day options are available. Registration information can be found here. Spaces will fill up quickly, so don’t delay!
The next Covenants Committee Meeting is scheduled via Zoom on Monday, November 9. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comprehensive Lot Inspections Starting 11/2 - Community Standards Advisors will be conducting comprehensive inspections for Sections 15, 16 and Evermont Trace beginning on Monday, November 2. Included in these inspections is confirmation that proper documentation for all modifications, such as an approved application, is on file with BCA. All inspections are performed by BCA staff. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during inspections. In accordance with BCA’s enforcement policies, notice will be sent to provide time to correct items noted to be in violation of Brambleton’s governing documents or policies. More information regarding comprehensive inspections can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact the Community Standards department or call 703-542-6263.
- Please plan ahead due to the high volume of applications. The application submission deadline is 5 PM on Wednesday, November 4, the Wednesday prior to the Covenants Committee Meeting. For applications that are incomplete or submitted past the deadline, staff will try but cannot guarantee they will be properly reviewed in time to be submitted to the Committee.
- If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or call 703-542-6263.
- Residents interested in attending virtually need to register here by 5 PM on the day of the meeting. A Zoom meeting link will be sent to confirmed residents who register.
Proper Storage of Waste Containers -
Schedules and guidelines for trash, recycling, and yard waste collection in Brambleton can be found on our website
. Bulk pickups can be scheduled by appointment only by contacting email@example.com
. Trash containers and recycling bins can be placed curbside no earlier than 6 PM on the evening before the scheduled pickup day. All containers and bins should be removed from the streets, walkways, or exterior portions of the lots following pickup on the same day
of service. Containers and bins must be stored in a location out of view of neighboring properties. Please contact the Community Standards department
with any questions.GREATER BRAMBLETONClean Out Your Closets! - Girl Scout Service Unit 70-1 is hosting a shoe drive during the month of October. Please bring donations to the donation bin located in the Brambleton Welcome Center pass-thru. See their flyer for more details.
TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERCosta Dentistry -
Enjoy a FREE $50 VISA gift card when you reserve your first dental cleaning at Costa Dentistry
during the month of November. Appointments are limited, so give us a call today at 703-542-7000.COUNTY CORNERLoudoun County General Election 2020 -
Election officials remind
all registered Virginia voters of the options to vote on or before Election Day (Tuesday, November 3
). Visit www.loudoun.gov/novemberelection
for more information.Safe Halloween Practices - Loudoun County officials recommend that residents do not engage in traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating this Halloween or other activities that risk transmission of COVID-19. Many traditional activities are considered high risk, but there are safe ways to celebrate. More details can be found here.
MARK YOUR CALENDARSSunday, November 1EatLoco Farmers Market at Brambleton
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.Step, Shred & Shed
, 1 to 4 PM - Brambleton Community CenterFEEDBACK WELCOME!