November 6, 2020
BCA 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting - The 2020 BCA Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Tuesday, November 17 at 7 PM through Zoom Webinar and be broadcast live on YouTube for the safety and health of all members, residents, and staff.
Annual Meeting Q&A Period -
- The purpose of this meeting is to share Association and community information and provide an opportunity for the BCA Board of Directors and staff to address residents' questions of the Association.
- There are no open seats on the BCA Board or a scheduled election at this meeting.
- A meeting notice has been mailed to all Brambleton homeowners.
- More details, including a Zoom registration link, can be found on our website at www.brambletonhoa.com/annualmeeting.
BCA has established a Question & Answer (Q&A) period during the Annual Meeting in which the BCA Board of Directors and staff will address resident questions and comments on any matter relating to the Association.
- The Q&A portion of the meeting will address previously submitted questions and comments. It is not designed as a live Q&A period.
- Residents have the opportunity to submit questions and comments to the Board prior to the meeting. Submissions must be received no later than 5 PM on Friday, November 13.
- Residents must submit their questions and comments in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with their full name, Brambleton address, email address, and phone number.
- Questions/comments can also be submitted through the Zoom link. The Board will take a limited number of questions through the Zoom chat function as well.
- Questions similar in nature may be consolidated and addressed under a single response.
- Questions on specific concerns or issues may be directly responded to by staff outside of the meeting.
BCA PROGRAMMINGCOMMUNITY STANDARDSCommon Area Encroachment -
Overtime Athletics - Registration is now open for Overtime Athletics’ Winter/Spring Distance Learning Support program. This session will start on Monday, January 4 and run until Tuesday, June 15. Come as many days per week as you want; full-day and half-day options are available. Registration information can be found here. Spaces will fill up quickly, so don’t delay!
Residents are reminded that per Brambleton’s Declaration, exclusive use of common areas is not permitted. Examples include:
- Changes to common areas without prior written approval from the Association.
- Storage of personal items or equipment in common areas, including items like woodpiles, play equipment, and sheds.
- Mulching, installing plant material, and cutting naturalized areas.
- Dumping or placing materials such as leaves, grass clippings, or construction materials.
To remedy encroachments on common areas, BCA will take appropriate enforcement action. This may include assessments for the cost of removal or restoration, additional charges, or other sanctions permitted by BCA’s governing documents or law. Please contact the Community Standards department
with any questions or to report a concern.Commercial Vehicles -
BCA would like to remind residents that parking commercial vehicles in a visible location within Brambleton, other than on a temporary and non-recurring basis, is not permitted, per our Vehicle Policy Resolution
and our Declaration (Article 8.2 (n) Vehicles
). Additional information on Parking Commercial Vehicles in Residential Zones can be found through Loudoun County here
. Please contact the Community Standards department
with any questions or to report a concern.GREATER BRAMBLETONCans for Kona - Kona Ice of South Riding
will be at Legacy Park today, November 6 from 3 to 5 PM hosting a Cans for Kona event supporting Dulles South Food Pantry
(DSFP). Enjoy shaved ice while supporting those in need in the community. Bring one or more needed DSFP items
and receive $1 off your Kona purchase!Terraforma Church: Winter Coat Collection -
BCA and Terraforma Church
are partnering to collect new and gently used winter coats during November to benefit Women Giving Back
. A collection box is located in the Brambleton Welcome Center walk-through.TALK OF THE TOWN CENTERShop Small & Shop Local in the Town Center -
As we head into the final stretch of 2020, turn to the Brambleton Town Center for help with holiday meals and gift ideas – or even a quick weeknight meal when shopping or working has left you too tired to cook!
The Best Brains Learning Center -
- AhSo Restaurant: AhSo is offering Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go. Order online for curbside pickup on Wednesday, November 25 or Thursday, November 26.
- Asian Spice Cafe: Enjoy 10% off sushi through Wednesday, December 30.
- California Tortilla: Celebrate Taco Tuesday every week now through the end of the year. Buy one taco, get one taco free!
- Go Bananas: Support Loudoun County’s only true toy store on Saturday, November 14 during Neighborhood Toy Store Day. Go Bananas has special savings in their catalog (mailed locally and available in-store), plus they offer delivery, private in-store shopping, in-store pickup, and online shopping – not to mention their gift vault!
The Best Brains Learning Center will be opening soon in the Brambleton Town Center at 22895 Brambleton Plaza, Suite P-104. Best Brains is an enrichment and after-school program designed to enhance your child's overall academic development. Board-certified teachers work weekly with your child in a fun-filled, interactive learning environment. Choose from programs in Math, English, Abacus, and General Knowledge for as little as $99/month. Call 571-386-0000 to ensure your child's future success!COUNTY CORNERFree COVID-19 Testing on 11/10/20 -
Loudoun County will host two free drive-thru COVID-19 testing events on Tuesday, November 10 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Events will take place at Brambleton Community Park West
and Philip A. Bolen Memorial Park
simultaneously. Those who plan to attend are encouraged to complete a registration form prior to arrival. Testing events are open to all with no prescriptions or appointments needed. More information can be found here
.MARK YOUR CALENDARSSunday, November 8EatLoco Farmers Market at Brambleton
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.Monday, November 9Covenants Committee Meeting (Remote), 7 PM
Committee members will be provided with a Zoom meeting link. Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here by 5 PM on the meeting date.Tuesday, November 10
Grounds & Facilities Committee Meeting (Remote), 7:30 PM
Residents can attend virtually though this Zoom meeting link
(registration not required).