February 26, 2021
Bike Donation Drive - Do you have a used bike that you would like to get rid of? BCA is partnering with Loudoun County Public Schools and Maverick Bikes & Café to host a Bike Donation Drive on Saturday, March 6 from 9 AM to 12 PM at the Community Center. Please sign up here if you would like to make a donation. Bikes will be donated to deserving elementary-aged students. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/bikedrive for more details.
Yard Waste Collection - Please note that yard waste collection will resume on Tuesday, March 2 in Brambleton. Collection occurs on Tuesdays, and yard waste should not be placed curbside on days other than Tuesdays. Accepted items include grass clippings and leaves in paper bags or designated containers. Small bundles of branches under 4 ft in length and less than 50 lbs are accepted as well. Unaccepted items include dirt, mulch, rocks, and loose/large branches. Click here for a full overview of collection guidelines.
Townhome Grounds Maintenance Program - Services will resume on townhome properties that receive grounds maintenance as part of the BCA program. The landscaping contractor has started spring bed cleanup and definition, and mulching will begin in March (weather permitting). Details for this limited service program are outlined here. Residents are reminded to take the following precautions to ensure that services can be properly performed:
- Unrestricted access to the backyard must be available for services.
- Gates must remain unlocked and function properly. Property owners are responsible for repairing gates that improperly latch or are out of alignment.
- Personal items such as lawn furniture, toys, hoses, and other items must be removed from lawn areas before services can occur.
- Pets cannot be present during services. Ensure that all gates are closed and properly latched prior to letting pets into yards.
Residents that wish to opt out of service or part of the service (ex. fertilizer applications) may do so by submitting a completed Opt Out Form to email@example.com. Please note: This form must be filled out each year in order to opt out. Residents that choose to opt out are still obligated to pay the full monthly assessment. Questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.Brambleton Pool Lifeguards -
Community Tech Committee: Seeking New Members - We are currently seeking new members for the Community Technology Committee. Those interested in joining this Committee can find an application form here. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Are you interested in lifeguarding at a Brambleton pool this year? BCA is partnering with Titan Pool Service
to provide pool management at our pools in 2021. Visit www.titanpools.com
or call 703-361-3177 to apply and find more information.BCA PROGRAMMINGSafe Sitter: Upcoming Courses - There are still a few spots left in the next Safe Sitter course scheduled for Saturday, March 6 from 9 AM to 2:30 PM at the Community Center. Courses have also been scheduled for April through June. Courses are open to Brambleton residents only and limited to 8 people with social distancing measures in place. RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Registration -
Registration is now open for most BCA Summer Camps! Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/summercamps
to view this year’s camp schedule and find more information. Contact email@example.com
with any questions.COMMUNITY STANDARDSDesign Review -
The next Covenants Committee Meeting is scheduled via Zoom on Monday, March 8. Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Prepare for Your Comprehensive Lot Inspection -
- Please remember the application submission deadline is 5 PM on Wednesday, March 3, the Wednesday prior to the Covenants Committee Meeting. Any application that is incomplete or submitted past the deadline will be reviewed at the next scheduled Covenants Committee meeting.
- If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit the website or call 703-542-6263.
- Residents interested in attending virtually need to register here by 5 PM on the day of the meeting. A Zoom meeting link will be sent to confirmed residents who register.
Community Standards Advisors are currently conducting comprehensive inspections in Sections
15, 16 and Evermont Trace. More information regarding comprehensive inspections can be found here
. Included in these inspections is confirmation that proper documentation for all modifications, such as an approved application, is on file with BCA. All inspections are performed by BCA staff. Staff does not enter fenced yards or access decks during inspections. In accordance with BCA’s enforcement policies, notice will be sent to provide time to correct items noted to be in violation of BCA’s governing documents or policies. If you have any questions, please contact the Community Standards department
or call 703-542-6263.Secure Your Trash -
Please take extra care to ensure that your trash and recyclables are properly secured when placed out for collection. We are in a season of high winds, and it is important for the health of our environment and the attractiveness of our community that we keep trash and recycling from blowing into common areas or onto your neighbor’s property. Any trash/recycling not in a sealed container should be otherwise secured so that it won’t blow away before collection. There should be no open bags or loose packing materials. Please break down cardboard boxes so that they are collapsed flat. All containers and bins should be removed from streets, walkways, or exterior portions of the lots following pickup on the same day
of service. Containers and bins must be stored in a location out of view of neighboring properties.
GREATER BRAMBLETONStep Sisters’ Run the Greenway Run/Walk -
- New to Brambleton? Residents should contact Republic Service’s customer service at email@example.com to arrange for the delivery of new trash and recycling toters if none accompany your property. Schedules and guidelines for trash, recycling, yard waste, and bulk pickup services can be found on our website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the BCA Management Office at 703-542-6263.
While the 2021 Ribbon Run in Brambleton has been canceled, the Step Sisters
organization has been selected as a beneficiary for the Run the Greenway Run/Walk
on Saturday, May 1. The event includes a 5k, 10k, and Kids’ Fun Run, as well as virtual options. The Step Sisters hope this event will help fill the significant budget gap as a result of canceling their largest annual fundraiser. Click here
to register and learn more.COUNTY CORNERLoudoun COVID-19 Testing Events -
Loudoun County will continue to hold free, drive-thru COVID-19 testing events at multiple locations on Tuesdays and Thursdays through March. Due to limited capacity, people who plan to attend are encouraged to complete a registration form prior to arrival. Testing events are open to all with no prescriptions or appointments necessary. No vaccines will be available at these events. More information can be found here
.MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sunday, February 28EatLoco Farmers Market at BrambletonFEEDBACK WELCOME!
, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr.
Tuesday, March 2Special Board of Directors Meeting: Park Operations Facility Tour & Discussion, 8:30 AM
Community Technology Committee Meeting (Remote), 7 PM
- The BCA Board will meet to tour and discuss future site possibilities for a Park Operations Facility. After the tour of up to five sites, Board members will meet at the BCA Management Office and virtually to discuss and consider next steps. The tour is projected to take one hour.
- Board members will be provided with a Zoom meeting link. Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here by 5 PM on the day prior to the meeting.
Committee members will be provided with a Zoom meeting link. Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here by 5 PM on the meeting date.
Wednesday, March 3
Events Committee Meeting (Remote), 8 PM
Residents can attend virtually though this Zoom meeting link
(registration not required).