BCA Friday Flash: November 17, 2023
Weekly Community News Bulletin
2023 BCA Board Election & Annual Meeting Recap - The 2023 BCA Annual Meeting and Board of Directors Election was held on Tuesday, November 14 to elect one new Board member to a one-year term. Congratulations to Steve Smith on his election to the Board. Thank you as well to our residents who participated in this year’s election. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/annualmeeting to view the Annual Meeting presentation and meeting broadcast.
BCA Survey: Dulles Greenway Toll Increase - The Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC) has scheduled hearings in January 2024 and is currently taking public comments regarding a proposed toll increase on the Dulles Greenway. In an effort to collectively voice the concerns of the community, BCA would like to collect resident feedback through a survey. Please answer this brief survey on your current use of the Dulles Greenway by Friday, December 1. Results from the survey will be used in the letter BCA plans to send to the SCC. The SCC has also opened its public comment opportunity through January 24, 2024. More information can be found here.
Santa's Holiday Tour - Santa, BCA, and Arcola VFD will make their way through Brambleton on Sunday, December 10, starting at 6:30 PM to wish Happy Holidays to the community! They will follow the tour and stop at 14 Holiday Collection Points to pick up new and unwrapped toy donations for Toys for Tots. BCA "elves" will be on location at each stop to assist with donation collection. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/santatour for more details, including a volunteer signup link and route map.
Salvation Army Angel Tree - Help make a child's holiday wishes come true this year by participating in the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program! The Angel Tree has been placed in the Brambleton Welcome Center and adorned with tags that have holiday wishes and needs from local children. Please take a tag, purchase what you can, and return the gifts unwrapped to the BCA Management Office lobby by Monday, December 4. Also, be sure to grab an instruction sheet and supplies from the baskets next to the tree. Visit www.brambletonhoa.com/angeltree for more details.
Thirsty Thursday at Fleetwood Farm Winery - Thirsty Thursday at Fleetwood Farm Winery continues through December! Every Thursday, Brambleton residents can enjoy a complementary glass of wine from 12 to 8 PM by showing their Bram Life Pass. Wine flights and food offerings will be available for purchase as well. View the event flyer for more information.
Planning a Project? Remember to Obtain Approval First! - Our governing documents require that BCA approves all proposed exterior modifications before any work is started. Membership in a community association requires compliance with pre-existing conditions and regulations. One of the biggest advantages of these conditions is the protection of our property values. The value of your home is directly related to the condition and aesthetics of our community as a whole. Completed Design Review Application packets can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (recommended) or mailed to the BCA Management Office. If you have any questions regarding the design review process or guidelines, please visit our website or call 703-542-6263.
Parking Considerations - BCA regularly receives inquiries about parking in the community. Brambleton’s Board of Directors has established a vehicle policy, and county parking ordinances are enforced by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office. We encourage residents to consider how parking impacts their neighbors, and we offer the following suggestions to be more neighborly:
- Use your garage and driveway as a first option rather than parking on the street or in open visitor spaces.
- Allow some distance when parking near a driveway. Parking too close to or opposite a driveway can make it difficult for residents to navigate around your car.
- While an overflow of guests can lead to parking up and down a street, encourage guests to use the space in front of your house first.
- Understand that you do not own the public parking spot in front of your house and it is first come, first served.
The following should be reported to LCSO for enforcement:
- Parking across sidewalks or blocking sidewalk ramps
- Parking close to stop signs, intersections, or fire hydrants
- Expired tags/inspection stickers, illegal parking, and abandoned or suspicious vehicles
The LCSO non-emergency number is 703-777-1021. Please contact the Community Standards department with any questions.
Family Giving Day - Join Brambleton Presbyterian Church in a multi-faith community-wide event on Sunday, November 19 at 10 AM to make blankets and cold weather kits for Mobile Hope. EVERYONE is welcome! Register here.
ITPA: Elf: The Musical - Please join Independence Theatre and Performing Arts (ITPA), Buddy, and friends for Elf: The Musical! Performances take place on Friday, December 1 at 7 PM, Saturday, December 2 at 2 & 7 PM, and Sunday, December 3 at 2 PM. “Santa…I know him!” Visit their website to purchase tickets and find more details.
Morsink Soccer Academy Scholarship Fund - Morsink Soccer Academy (MSA) is excited to give back to the Brambleton community! They are proud to announce the MSA Scholarship Fund which will be awarding full scholarships to two local youth athletes to cover premier training and empower them to achieve their soccer dreams. Learn more and apply here.
TALK OF THE TOWN CENTER
This Week’s Savings Around the Town Center - The holidays are right around the corner, and the Town Center has plenty of great gift ideas and savings. Shop these Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and other great deals close to home!
- Go Bananas: Take 20% off all purchases at their Small Business Saturday sale on November 25 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Does not include LEGO and cannot be combined with any other offer. Check your mailbox for this year’s holiday catalog with coupons to be used through Sunday, December 24.
- Onelife Fitness: Invite up to three friends who join by Thursday, November 30, and you’ll get one free month of dues for each, up to three total months! See details.
- Nick’s Taverna: Half-price bottles of wine are offered every Wednesday with the purchase of any two entrees, and enjoy live music every Friday night! For those planning ahead, ring in the new year at Nick’s annual NYE party with live music by Diamond Alley.
- Regal Cinemas: Flock to Regal this holiday season and get a FREE $10 Concessions Bonus with every $50 in gift cards purchased at the theatre.
- Restore: Look for weekly holiday promos. Now through Sunday, December 24, get three for $50 on core services. Plus, there will be more great deals throughout the season on service bundles, gift card purchases, and even a “New Year, New Me” membership deal! Visit or go online to book your service.
- SweetFrog: Be sure to try their new featured flavor, Chocolate Hazelnut! Celebrate Friendsgiving at SweetFrog! Now through Wednesday, November 22, hop in to receive 20% off your purchase when you mention to your cashier you’re there for Friendsgiving.
- Remember, Gift Cards make great gifts too!
Crafter's Choice Adult Book Club - Read a book based on this month's theme, "Seize the Day", then put together a craft and discuss the book you chose on Monday, December 4 at 6:30 PM at the Brambleton Library. Click here for more details.
Relaxation Room: Ski Lodge - Adults can drop by Brambleton Library on Thursday, December 7 from 4 to 7 PM for self-care crafts, cozy refreshments, and relaxing by the faux fireside. More details can be found here.
Loudoun HHW Collection Event - The next Loudoun County Household Hazardous Waste collection event will take place tomorrow, November 18 at Claude Moore Park from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM. This will be the final HHW event of the year. Visit www.loudoun.gov/hhw for more information, including collection instructions and a list of accepted materials.
Loudoun Annual Coat Drive - The Loudoun County Combined Fire and Rescue System (LC-CFRS) and the Loudoun Career Firefighters Association have partnered with Mobile Hope Loudoun and One Warm Coat to collect winter apparel for local residents in need. Donations can be dropped off at any LC-CFRS stations, including the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department (Brambleton Station 9), through Sunday, December 10. Donation guidelines and more details can be found here.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Sunday, November 19
EatLoco Farmers Market at Brambleton, 9 AM to 1 PM - Legacy Park & Olympia Dr
Monday, November 20
Elections Committee Meeting (Virtual), 6 PM
- Residents wanting to attend virtually must register here by 5 PM on the meeting date.
Thursday, November 23 - Sunday, November 26
BCA Management Office closed for Thanksgiving holiday
Please forward any comments or suggestions to BCA. For all the latest information, please visit www.brambletonhoa.com.